Graphics programs - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Graphics programs

Here is my situation. I'm very good with 3d as well as 2d and use them equally and I have $150 bucks to burn which i want to purchase a graphics program with. What graphics programs (ie 3d studio max) would you recommend to me. I'm interested in making graphics such as starcraft style HUDs, menus, terrain textures such as grass, snow, or dirt etc(not people or weapons, things that have to look extremily reaistic). If you know of any programs that could do this I'd love to know what they are.

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAPosts: 1,035Member
    : Here is my situation. I'm very good with 3d as well as 2d and use them equally and I have $150 bucks to burn which i want to purchase a graphics program with. What graphics programs (ie 3d studio max) would you recommend to me. I'm interested in making graphics such as starcraft style HUDs, menus, terrain textures such as grass, snow, or dirt etc(not people or weapons, things that have to look extremily reaistic). If you know of any programs that could do this I'd love to know what they are.
    :
    Well for the 2D parts, like the HUD, I recomend Paint Shop Pro. I've personally not used it but I've seen what my roommate can do with it and it's quite nice.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    I don't really know how good this is but also check out anim8or

www.anim8or.com

• drone38drone38 Posts: 23Member
    : I don't really know how good this is but also check out anim8or
    :
    : www.anim8or.com
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    I think that Photoshop is the best way to perform imlage with dirty FX and so cause you can easily download plug-in to add FX on your image.