paralel or serial push button or led!?? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

paralel or serial push button or led!??

hmmm... how to connect a push button and/or a
led on my paralel port and then turn on the led
and switching the push button! thanx!

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : hmmm... how to connect a push button and/or a
    : led on my paralel port and then turn on the led
    : and switching the push button! thanx!
    :
    How about doing it on a serial port instead? No hardware needed (except the switch and LED of course), and no fancy interface.

Just connect the LED to one of the status ports, say CTS, and the button to , say RI. Then you just need a short program to watch the serial port, and toggle the CTS whenever RI state changes.

Does any of this make sense?

• FreakboYFreakboY Posts: 117Member
    actually no! but i would like to
    have more details!
    (btw, i barely know what a pc looks like! :-)

thanx!
    : actually no! but i would like to
    : have more details!
    : (btw, i barely know what a pc looks like! :-)
    :
    :
    : thanx!
    :
    Ok, let's start here. The PC is the thing you plug into the wall, and plug your keyboard, mouse, and monitor into. The thing you have to reach over and turn on, else the screen stays blank. Its a metal or plastic case, usually with a floppy drive and/or a CD drive attached.

Now, think about that for a while, and I'll get back to you on the serial port. (I have to get the pin numbers and such first)

:)

• FreakboYFreakboY Posts: 117Member
    : Ok, let's start here. The PC is the thing you plug into the wall, and plug your keyboard, mouse, and monitor into. The thing you have to reach over and turn on, else the screen stays blank. Its a metal or plastic case, usually with a floppy drive and/or a CD drive attached.
    :
    :
    : Now, think about that for a while, and I'll get back to you on the serial port. (I have to get the pin numbers and such first)
    :
    : :)

hmmm... sounds familiar!
    hehehe :-)

: : Now, think about that for a while, and I'll get back to you on the serial port. (I have to get the pin numbers and such first)

I guess it does!

Sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. Soon, though...