Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

UNIX and education

petrobarkpetrobark Member Posts: 43
Hi Expert:

How can UNIX be used as an educational tool? In particular how can it be used for Medical Education?
Thanks

Comments

• sparkyichisparkyichi Member Posts: 10
    I think that UNIX is used mainly in the Research Environment. So if you were educating people in the Medical Research Field they might receive some benefit from learning from a UNIX environment. I am sure that there are some situations that can just as well be done on a UNIX rather than done in a Windows environment and certainly a Mac environment. I think that there is more of a limit in imagination than there is in possibilities. You need to think in terms of what are the strengths of UNIX over other platforms and this apply those strengths to Medical Education. i.e. Unix is very good at Multitasking so process that heavily use Multitasking would benefit from being taught from a Unix platform.

Sparky

: Hi Expert:
    :
    : How can UNIX be used as an educational tool? In particular how can it be used for Medical Education?
    : Thanks
    :