Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Please help me with opengl.

epsilonepsilon Member Posts: 21
Hi!

I am new with opengl, and have tried to learn it with help of some sample code and tutorials. The problem is, that I don't know how to move the 'camera' around. I have found many samples of how to rotate objects, but not about how to move the camera. It would be nice to move the camera up, down, left and right with arrow keys or mouse. How this is done? I would be very glad, if someone could help me.

Thanks!

Comments

• pkmpkm Member Posts: 4

I think gluLookAt() should do your job.

: Hi!
    :
    : I am new with opengl, and have tried to learn it with help of some sample code and tutorials. The problem is, that I don't know how to move the 'camera' around. I have found many samples of how to rotate objects, but not about how to move the camera. It would be nice to move the camera up, down, left and right with arrow keys or mouse. How this is done? I would be very glad, if someone could help me.
    :
    : Thanks!
    :
    :
    :

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    :
    :
    : I think gluLookAt() should do your job.
    :
    See, that's what I needed to know, lol! I was writing my own code for moving the camera, and it was NOT coming along very easily. I'll have to check this out myself.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• gopoogopoo Member Posts: 74
    : :
    : : I think gluLookAt() should do your job.
    : See, that's what I needed to know, lol! I was writing my own code for moving the camera, and it was NOT coming along very easily. I'll have to check this out myself.
    :
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]
    :
    : and how to mave camera in different directon?