Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

also a BATCH messageboard

Secret_DoomSecret_Doom Member Posts: 116
Hi there! I'm very happy they've made a DOS messageboard.
Since there is no messageboard regarding BATCH programming, I hope we will make of this board also a BATCH messageboard.

I'm a BATCH programmer and I like very much of that language. I'm ready to help anyway I can when regarding batch programming.

-- Secret_Doom --

secret_doom@hotmail.com
www.batch.hpg.com.br

Comments

• DrychtnathDrychtnath Member Posts: 12
    I couldn't agree more! I've always missed a Batch file message board =(

Cheers;)
  • Eric TetzEric Tetz Member Posts: 2,141
    : Hi there! I'm very happy they've made a DOS messageboard.
    : Since there is no messageboard regarding BATCH programming, I hope we will make of this board also a BATCH messageboard.
    :
    : I'm a BATCH programmer and I like very much of that language. I'm ready to help anyway I can when regarding batch programming.

Cool! I need some help with my BATCH program.

I'm trying to write an online, massively multiplayer, 3D, combat simulator. Unfortunately, my 3D engine won't get more that one or two frames an hour. I think the problem is I'm doing the math by shifting BATCH argument vectors via recursively piped files in DOS. Also, it only seems to works if I have my TSR popup calender loaded, but only if it's loaded in EMS and I have 500KB of conventional memory free.

I'm also having problems with my BATCH language Gravis UltraSound driver. It just makes my computer heat up and start to smell funny.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Eric

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Member Posts: 937
    Eric: I can't help you with all your problems, you seem to have many. But as to the Ultrasound driver and the heat problem...

You need to shift all sounds down at kleast two octaves lower, and make sure you have an internal speaker connected. The lower frequency will modulate the speaker in such a way as to provide better cooling. Also, increase the volume as well. Sounds at about 4 Hz at high volume will maximize speaker cone throw, adn provide the best cooling.

:)

• BASIC FriendBASIC Friend Member Posts: 354
    : : Hi there! I'm very happy they've made a DOS messageboard.
    : : Since there is no messageboard regarding BATCH programming, I hope we will make of this board also a BATCH messageboard.
    : :
    : : I'm a BATCH programmer and I like very much of that language. I'm ready to help anyway I can when regarding batch programming.
    :
    : Cool! I need some help with my BATCH program.
    :
    : I'm trying to write an online, massively multiplayer, 3D, combat simulator. Unfortunately, my 3D engine won't get more that one or two frames an hour. I think the problem is I'm doing the math by shifting BATCH argument vectors via recursively piped files in DOS. Also, it only seems to works if I have my TSR popup calender loaded, but only if it's loaded in EMS and I have 500KB of conventional memory free.
    :
    : I'm also having problems with my BATCH language Gravis UltraSound driver. It just makes my computer heat up and start to smell funny.
    :
    : Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    :
    : Thanks!
    : Eric
    :
    :
    [green]
    Very Funny!
    [/green]