Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hystory of computed 3d graphics

MutilateMutilate Member Posts: 22
Hallo,
I'm seeking for documents or url on the history of computed graphics, focused on 3d graphics.
I searched for a while but have found nothing.

ThX

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : Hallo,
    : I'm seeking for documents or url on the history of computed graphics, focused on 3d graphics.
    : I searched for a while but have found nothing.
    :
    : ThX
    :
    :
    Not sure where you'd find that info, but as a hardcore gamer myself (yeah, I started with the Atari 400!), the major 3D games went: Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Doom II, Duke 3D, Strife, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Quake, Quake II, and on up to half-Life, Unreal, UT, Q3A, and the newer games. I have the sources to all of id Software's games (minus Q3A). Not much is mentioned about the history of the engines themselves, other than bug fixes. I would red up on how Wolf3D came about, then move on to the Doom series, and do my research that way.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• MutilateMutilate Member Posts: 22
    : Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Doom II, Duke 3D, Strife, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Quake, Quake II, and on up to half-Life, Unreal, UT, Q3A, and the newer games. I have the sources to all of id Software's games (minus Q3A).

Wow what a culture :) , I also started with atari (STF 1040), the first 3D game I played was Battle Zone (wire-frame graphics of course), I think I was about 4 years old or something.

But my queston was related to the 3D graphics on general not only on the contest of the games'one.
    Lets say that I'm seeking for things more scientifics from the begining of computer generated graphics, (trought I think that games programming is the best one) up to today. I dont think my maths's teacher would be very happy if I play quake during my presentation, trought it will be very educational also in the study of the inner parts of human body.

P.S: Did u get my email about rotation's matrix ?
  • SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : : Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Doom II, Duke 3D, Strife, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Quake, Quake II, and on up to half-Life, Unreal, UT, Q3A, and the newer games. I have the sources to all of id Software's games (minus Q3A).
    :
    : Wow what a culture :) , I also started with atari (STF 1040), the first 3D game I played was Battle Zone (wire-frame graphics of course), I think I was about 4 years old or something.
    :
    : But my queston was related to the 3D graphics on general not only on the contest of the games'one.
    : Lets say that I'm seeking for things more scientifics from the begining of computer generated graphics, (trought I think that games programming is the best one) up to today. I dont think my maths's teacher would be very happy if I play quake during my presentation, trought it will be very educational also in the study of the inner parts of human body.
    :
    : P.S: Did u get my email about rotation's matrix ?
    :
    Yeah, i got your email. Been so busy I haven't had time for anything lately, which sucks. I should have some free time next week and one of my goals is to continue work on my engine using that data. As for 3D stuff other than games, I am really not sure. I haven't done much 3D modeling and such so I don't know how those programs have evolved. I say you should load up Unreal and terrify your teacher into giving you an A+! Lol!!

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]