Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Snake in delphi ?

Hi

I new to delphi and like to learn object orinted programming.

As a first application i like to develop a snake-game.

Can anybody give me some good idea's ?

Like how can you let the snake run, while you still have to check if any arrowkeys are pressed.

kind regards Sneeze

Comments

• GiantGiant Posts: 225Member
    Hi.
    I don't have a clue of Delphi, but the procedure is the same in all games.

To be honest, you cannot move and run at the same time, (well unless you have more then 1 CPU ).
    The way that you would do it, is by doing one operation, then the next. The computer will be fast enough, so that the user thinks that they are both mappening at the same time. Do it like so. I will use pseudo code to explain since I dont have a clue of delphi

[code]

initialise variables for game

wait for user input to start game

while ( player is alive )

move player

check players status ( ie. is the snake still alive )

check for user input and apply to the sname

draw background

draw snake

endwhile

cleanup

exit

[/code]

Hope this helps, if not keep on posting

The Giant
    Member of the Stupid Coders
    http://www.stupidcoders.cjb.net

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein