Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Popup windows in CGI/Perl

[b]Situation[/b]:
I need to write a program up in CGI/Perl that, when executed, will open up another browser window with a new page then write to the page.

[b]Problem[/b]:
I know not how to do this. How can I open up another browser window and write to the page.

Thanks
-Mike

Comments

• hhcohhco Posts: 7Member
    : [b]Situation[/b]:
    : I need to write a program up in CGI/Perl that, when executed, will open up another browser window with a new page then write to the page.
    :
    : [b]Problem[/b]:
    : I know not how to do this. How can I open up another browser window and write to the page.
    :
    : Thanks
    : -Mike
    :

I assume that you are just using a link to start your CGI script. Why dont you call a window.open javascript command when the user clicks the link?

• DrGonzoDrGonzo Posts: 41Member
    you can use print "Location: http://website.com" to change to a new location but for opening up and new window and then writing to it, you could probably use server-push, but its better to use JavaScript.