Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

3d graphics library

gopoogopoo Member Posts: 74
can you tell me
which is best library for making 4d graphics in
turbo c?
or borland c?
or
vc?
but not c++.
please help me?

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : can you tell me
    : which is best library for making 4d graphics in
    : turbo c?
    : or borland c?
    : or
    : vc?
    : but not c++.
    : please help me?
    :
    I personally feel it's best to use your own for two main reasons.
    1) You'll know EXACTLY what each function does, and you can modify the functions.
    2) As you code it, you LEARN it.
    I've managed to write an OpenGL 3D engine in Borland C++, and although it is far from being done, dynamic lighting, shading, and movement/mouselook already works fine. I wrote everything from scratch, and now know how to use it. I'd recomend spending an hour or two checking into the video rendering mode you wish to program in, and then spend a week or so toying with it and learning it. And btw, you said 4D, so does that mean you can move through time as well? (=

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

• gopoogopoo Member Posts: 74
    : : can you tell me
    : : which is best library for making 4d graphics in
    : : turbo c?
    : : or borland c?
    : : or
    : : vc?
    : : but not c++.
    : : please help me?
    : :
    : I personally feel it's best to use your own for two main reasons.
    : 1) You'll know EXACTLY what each function does, and you can modify the functions.
    : 2) As you code it, you LEARN it.
    : I've managed to write an OpenGL 3D engine in Borland C++, and although it is far from being done, dynamic lighting, shading, and movement/mouselook already works fine. I wrote everything from scratch, and now know how to use it. I'd recomend spending an hour or two checking into the video rendering mode you wish to program in, and then spend a week or so toying with it and learning it. And btw, you said 4D, so does that mean you can move through time as well? (=
    :
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]
    :
    : 4d means to move three or more object at a same time?
    or get x,y,z of any pixel on the screen?

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    Not sure how you'd get the X, Y, and Z coordinate of a 2D point (the screen pixel), but moving more than one objects isn't exactly 4D (=. I had an older program in OpenGL that moved two objects simultaneously, but I am not sure what I did with it. If I happen to come across it I'll let ya' know.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

• programmeurkeprogrammeurke Member Posts: 19
    for the gooroo-man: 4D means 4 dimensions and it's used in phisics (by dudes like Einstein and Stephen Hawking). It means that you're handling width, height, depth and time. If you drop time it's 3D, like in programming (Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Unreal, ...).
    If you drop depth, you've got 2D left: like in SuperMario and tetris.