Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Linking to OpenGL file in VB code

sweetgirlsweetgirl Member Posts: 29
Is it possible to call a OpenGL file to run inside a Visual Basic program?

-sweetgirl-

Comments

• iDaZeiDaZe Member Posts: 464
    : Is it possible to call a OpenGL file to run inside a Visual Basic program?
    :
    : -sweetgirl-
    :

You mean write an OpenGL app. in VB, sure, it can be done, but why ? VB isn't exactly the best language for graphics (and most other things ;-)).

or do you mean something else by "OpenGL file" ?

• sweetgirlsweetgirl Member Posts: 29
    well...I actually thought that I have to hard-code the graphical interface in Visual C++. So, I thought it would save me a lot of time if I could just create the interface using VB, if I'm really going to that, I have to use VB codes to call the OpenGL file that does the 3D stuff.

However...I've just noticed that Visual C++ allows us to create interface using the drag-and-drop method, just that we have to code the functions of the objects in it. So, I think I'll jsut forget about VB.

So, I can create the interface already. But, I still do not know how to allow the interface to appear as we actually need to link the interface to another class/file, eg. show the interface when you click on "Ok" button. I still have not found any good MFC tutorials for beginners...any idea?

-sweetgirl-