Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

winallegro (your speciality xotor :) )

been having some problems with this. anyone know how to compile it in msdev 4?

I cant get it to work, I tried compiliing it in djgpp but when I tried to run a program in msdev after compiling it that way it gave me an error in one of the .h files. I'm assuming it was because I compiled it in djgpp.

thanks

tef

Comments

• : been having some problems with this. anyone know how to compile it in msdev 4?

: I cant get it to work, I tried compiliing it in djgpp but when I tried to run a program in msdev after compiling it that way it gave me an error in one of the .h files. I'm assuming it was because I compiled it in djgpp.

: thanks

: tef

You may want to program your stuff in regular Allegro and then transfer it to WinAllegro when you've got it working. The modifications aren't too hard to make it work with WinAllegro.

Did you download RSXNTDJ for DJGPP? It contains all the headers and such for the Windows compiling part of DJGPP. You may also want to check out the new Work in Progress version of Allegro. It works for DirectX also. Soon version 4.0 will be coming out which will really rock (support for many OSes).

Oh yeah, I found that Visual C++ 5.0 works great for WinAllegro. If you have it use it.

-Xotor-

• hm...I only have 4 so that wont work :(

the thing is that I'm going to use opengl (as far as I know it doesn't work with djgpp) so I dont think I can write it in dos format first.

heres the exact error I get C:MSDEVSTDINCLUDEallegro.h(2993) : error C2094: label '_errno' was undefined

this was running the demo program in msdev 4 with allegro compiled in djgpp.

maybe that'll be clearer.

thanks,

tef

: : been having some problems with this. anyone know how to compile it in msdev 4?

: : I cant get it to work, I tried compiliing it in djgpp but when I tried to run a program in msdev after compiling it that way it gave me an error in one of the .h files. I'm assuming it was because I compiled it in djgpp.

: : thanks

: : tef

: You may want to program your stuff in regular Allegro and then transfer it to WinAllegro when you've got it working. The modifications aren't too hard to make it work with WinAllegro.

: Did you download RSXNTDJ for DJGPP? It contains all the headers and such for the Windows compiling part of DJGPP. You may also want to check out the new Work in Progress version of Allegro. It works for DirectX also. Soon version 4.0 will be coming out which will really rock (support for many OSes).

: Oh yeah, I found that Visual C++ 5.0 works great for WinAllegro. If you have it use it.

: -Xotor-

• : hm...I only have 4 so that wont work :(

I've only tried making it with VC++ 5.0 so that's where my experience lies with WinAllegro. Also did you copy the DLL that accompanies it into your system directory?

Oh yeah, you may try using the Work In Progress copy on the Allegro site. It does practically everything that WinAllegro does and also some guy has already compiled it into a DLL so you should be able to just link it.

: the thing is that I'm going to use opengl (as far as I know it doesn't work with djgpp) so I dont think I can write it in dos format first.

Well Quake 1/2 was compiled with DJGPP so it is probably possible. You may try running WinAllegro with DJGPP+RSXNTDJ too.

: this was running the demo program in msdev 4 with allegro compiled in djgpp.

That may be your problem..

-Xotor-