Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

My plan for a new game

I am planning to create a new game, please read the following proposal and respond if you are interested.

Larry Kuehner

Larry_kuehner@hotmail.com

To:

Any one, especially people with a talent for graphic design, programming skills, or just some interested soul who likes good computer games.

My proposal is simple, I wish to undertake the creation of an awesome computer game. My idea is for a game like the new Microprose strategy game Star Trek: The Next Generation: Birth of the Federation. I just recently purchased this game and have been playing it for just a little while. It is a great game, but there are some aspects of it that I dislike. I wish to take aspects from this game, Microprose's Master of Orion II, Martech's Tradewars 2002, and Activision's Mechwarrior series. I then want to create this game for the Linux Operating System, and possibly port it to Windows 95, or Windows 98.

First I will describe some details about myself. I am a 17-year-old High School student going to Katy High School in Katy, Texas, USA. I have been programming since the 2nd grade, roughly 10 years. I started programming in Basic, which was self-taught. Recently, for 4 or so years now, I have been moving on to C++ and Assembly, both of which are self-taught. I have written a few utilities, but I wish to move on, and the best way to do this is by the undertaking of a project. I have a Dell Dimension XPS D333, with a Pentium Pro 333 MHz processor, running Windows 95, and a off-brand computer with a AMX 586 133 MHz processor, running Red Hat Linux 5.2.

Quite simply, I can not do this by myself. That is why I am writing this letter. I am looking for anyone who: has any experience in programming in C++ for Linux systems, has information concerning programming input and output devices, would be interested in submitting ideas for this game, can design the graphics, or just someone who has something to say. If you are at all interested or have any question, please send me an E-mail message at the address above.

Thank you all for your patience and your open minds,

Larry Kuehner