Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Game programming and getting started

How does one get started at the programming and designing of games. If I can get some pointers on where to begin that would be helpful, what would be some things I need to know or would be a help.

Comments

• : How does one get started at the programming and designing of games. If I can get some pointers on where to begin that would be helpful, what would be some things I need to know or would be a help.

Well I like the Allegro Graphics Library. It is easy to use and is Multi-platformable. Also it's free.

You'll need the free C/C++ compiler DJGPP (www.delorie.com/djgpp/) and the Allegro library (www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/).

Learn from the examples included.

-Xotor-

• : : How does one get started at the programming and designing of games. If I can get some pointers on where to begin that would be helpful, what would be some things I need to know or would be a help.

: Well I like the Allegro Graphics Library. It is easy to use and is Multi-platformable. Also it's free.

: You'll need the free C/C++ compiler DJGPP (www.delorie.com/djgpp/) and the Allegro library (www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/).

: Learn from the examples included.

: -Xotor-

Xotor! How do I get in touch with you?