Game programming and getting started - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Game programming and getting started

How does one get started at the programming and designing of games. If I can get some pointers on where to begin that would be helpful, what would be some things I need to know or would be a help.

Comments

• : How does one get started at the programming and designing of games. If I can get some pointers on where to begin that would be helpful, what would be some things I need to know or would be a help.

Well I like the Allegro Graphics Library. It is easy to use and is Multi-platformable. Also it's free.

You'll need the free C/C++ compiler DJGPP (www.delorie.com/djgpp/) and the Allegro library (www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/).

Learn from the examples included.

-Xotor-

• : : How does one get started at the programming and designing of games. If I can get some pointers on where to begin that would be helpful, what would be some things I need to know or would be a help.

: Well I like the Allegro Graphics Library. It is easy to use and is Multi-platformable. Also it's free.

: You'll need the free C/C++ compiler DJGPP (www.delorie.com/djgpp/) and the Allegro library (www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/).

: Learn from the examples included.

: -Xotor-

Xotor! How do I get in touch with you?