Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What is assembly ???

morpheusmorpheus Member Posts: 27
That is in c++???

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    : That is in c++???
    :

Hi,

Umm no - its not C/C++ at all.

Search for "Art of Assembly" on google - its a set of pdf(html) files - very good for learning assembly.

Enjoy.

• JaywalkJaywalk Member Posts: 105
    It's when you tell the CPU exactly what to do and how to do it, but using mnemonics instead of actual machine code. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds or looks, but you need to think in a different way. Trust me, it is a really good idea to learn it.

• Secret_DoomSecret_Doom Member Posts: 116
    Hi!

If I've got what Jaywalk said, with assembly I can actually MAKE a computer language, a new computer language like Java, C, Pascal etc ?

Is that it???? Please say if I've got it right or not.
    Thanks!

-- Secret_Doom - Leonardo Pignataro --

secret_doom@hotmail.com
    www.batch.hpg.com.br

PS: I'm not suggesting it's a easy task, I'm just wondering if it's possible !

: It's when you tell the CPU exactly what to do and how to do it, but using mnemonics instead of actual machine code. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds or looks, but you need to think in a different way. Trust me, it is a really good idea to learn it.

• BASIC FriendBASIC Friend Member Posts: 354
    Of course you can! You can write compilers or interpreters with assembler. You could also write a compiler (with any language) that takes code and translates it to assembler. Then the assembler code can be assembled and linked to produce the EXE. This guy did just that. Check it out.

http://www.rowan.sensation.net.au/moonrock.html

: Hi!
    :
    : If I've got what Jaywalk said, with assembly I can actually MAKE a computer language, a new computer language like Java, C, Pascal etc ?
    :
    : Is that it???? Please say if I've got it right or not.
    : Thanks!
    :
    : -- Secret_Doom - Leonardo Pignataro --
    :
    : secret_doom@hotmail.com
    : www.batch.hpg.com.br
    :
    : PS: I'm not suggesting it's a easy task, I'm just wondering if it's possible !
    :
    :
    :
    : : It's when you tell the CPU exactly what to do and how to do it, but using mnemonics instead of actual machine code. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds or looks, but you need to think in a different way. Trust me, it is a really good idea to learn it.
    :
    :