Autoplay from Swish - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Autoplay from Swish

Does anyone know of a way to create a Autoplay file from Swish? I have created a Business Card CD flash file and I want to have it autoplay when the user inserts it in the CD Rom drive and closes it.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Keith

Comments

• phph Posts: 393Member
    make an auto run file, and make your swf a projector file, thus making an exe file. put the autorun file and the exe file in the cd's root directory. make the autorun file point to the new flash exe file. if u dont know how to make an autorun file, email at phet@ocis.net and i will try and explain it or send u an example =]

: Does anyone know of a way to create a Autoplay file from Swish? I have created a Business Card CD flash file and I want to have it autoplay when the user inserts it in the CD Rom drive and closes it.
    :
    : Any ideas?
    :
    : Thank you in advance,
    :
    : Keith
    :

pht
    [red]http://fade.to/phet[/red]
    [red]12d.hypermart.net[/red]
    [red]phet@ocis.net[/red]

• dinobeedinobee Posts: 12Member
    Just to clarify ;-)... load up your SWF in the Flash player. Got to File, Create Projector to make it into an EXE. You can also do this from within Flash. Lets assume you call it 'demo.exe'.

You may also want to creat a swanky icon for your CD, so that it looks more professional when it appears on your desktop. Use any old Icon program to create a '.ico' file. Lets say we created one called 'demo_cd.ico'.

Next, create a plain text file and call it 'autorun.inf'

It should contain the following...

[AutoRun]
    open=demo.exe
    icon=demo_cd.ico

Save the test file and put all the files (flash exe, autorun and icon) on the CD. Burn it and voila!

If you wanted the CD to look slightly nicer if the user happened to explore it, you can put all the source files in a folder and simply change the paths in the autorun file to point at the new locations. Of course, the autorun.inf file must always be at the root.

Any help?

Dino

PS. It's often a good idea to have the CD launch full screen, so you may want to include a FS command on the first line of your flash to do this. You will, however probably need to include a quit button too, as there will be no tool bar to access! Again, there's an FS command for this too.