TI 83 plus - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

TI 83 plus

I have a program I am writing on a TI 83 plus. Is it possible to create nested if else statements and what would be the syntax? I have code similar to this:

:
:if (varialble =1)
:x => 29
:
:if (variable =2)
:x => 3
:
:if (variable =3)
:x => 2
:
:if (variable =4)
:x => 53
:

What I want to happen is once one of these tests are true I would like to skip the rest of the tests. This is buggung the hell out of me because the code is inside a loop in my program and is really slowing it down. It would be easy to fix with C++ but as far as I can tell, on the TI 86 you can only have one else statement. Any help is appreciated. I am going to try to find a site devoted specifically to TI 83 programming,

-Geo