Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Record deletes but one in a related form

I have a Customers Form linked to a Service Record Form. The Customer Form's record source is a Query (Made from Billing Address (Primary Key = BillingID) and Site Table (Foreign Key = BillingID). The Service Form is linked to Customer Form (Opens by Command Button Wizard "Open Form") by the SiteID in the Customer Form and the SiteID (foreign) in the Service Form. In my tables I do have Cascade Delete in my actual tables. When I hit Delete Record (on my Customer Form) I DO get the record in the Customer Form and Service Form deleted. But when I check the underlying tables there is STILL a Billing record in the Billing Table.

Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• gigsvoogigsvoo Posts: 328Member
    Normally what i do was, i delete one record from one table with one SQL statement, after i do another delete to another table using another SQL statement.

Maybe u can do it manually?

: I have a Customers Form linked to a Service Record Form. The Customer Form's record source is a Query (Made from Billing Address (Primary Key = BillingID) and Site Table (Foreign Key = BillingID). The Service Form is linked to Customer Form (Opens by Command Button Wizard "Open Form") by the SiteID in the Customer Form and the SiteID (foreign) in the Service Form. In my tables I do have Cascade Delete in my actual tables. When I hit Delete Record (on my Customer Form) I DO get the record in the Customer Form and Service Form deleted. But when I check the underlying tables there is STILL a Billing record in the Billing Table.
    :
    : Please help. Thanks.
    :

Neo Gigs
    http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo