Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

I need help! Why does my linux system does not request ing password?

devilmaxxdevilmaxx Member Posts: 6
Hi! Can you pls. help me. Ive installed linux mandrake in my computer. ive installed it succesfully w/out erasing my windows. my problem is, why does it does not requsting any password during boot up! how can i configure this security. pls help me.

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    : Hi! Can you pls. help me. Ive installed linux mandrake in my computer. ive installed it succesfully w/out erasing my windows. my problem is, why does it does not requsting any password during boot up! how can i configure this security. pls help me.
    :

During boot up means after login : or after the lilo prompt ? I will assume at login by the nature of your post you seemd to be a newbie. Type root and press enter. This will give you root. Now type "passwd" without the quotes. After you are done with that command it should ask for a password.

• devilmaxxdevilmaxx Member Posts: 6
    Hi! Thaks but , my real problem was , the security of the lilo. i dont know how to configuer it. pleas can you help me!