Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Looking for Mentor

Lyme3Lyme3 Posts: 57Member
Hey everyone, well - my problem is not really a coding problem but a guidance problem. I'm 17 and have been an active programmer for quite some time. I at best rate myself as an intermediate level programmer(All self-taught out of books). One of my problems does not seem to be the knowledge, but guidance. I live in a really small town and when I took a C++ class in high-school I could teach the teacher more than she could help me. So it was of no use. I'm looking for a relatively experianced programmer who would be willing to trade ICQ's/Emails/MSN's, whatever and discuss different techniques and answer questions for me. It would be highly appreciated and of course, when I am of the level, I will pass on what that person has taught me. Thanks!

Comments

• nightsurfernightsurfer Posts: 272Member
    I don't know C/C++, but I have programmed in VB and Java for a few years, and have done a lot of work in algorithm development. As well, in my previous programming course I was assigned the role of class mentor, and continue to do so via e-mails. If this will help you at all, then send me an e-mail to yizkman@yahoo.com.
    I can help you with proper design of programs, various programming techniques, and developing algorithms.

Later in life you will be more disappointed by the things you haven't done than by those you have. So cast off the bowlines and sail away into the seas of opportunity.

• AriseArise Posts: 42Member
    Hi , i might help you with some source code & advices , if i can , but i don't have to much time .
    Anyway , mail me , and we'll talk !

my email : beastmaster@xnet.ro

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    We are all ready to help you however we can if we are in a position to do so :-). All you have to do is ask :-).