Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need Help with DirectX

WysGWysG Posts: 23Member
Ok, i've download the SDK for DirectX 8 using C++. I'm new to this so i said just turning to Fullscreen mode a write "Hi" on the screen would be ok for a project (to create games later you need to start with the basic). I look through the Directory of the SDK. There is a Sample of turning to Fullscreen Mode !!! I create a new c++ file, i copy and paste the ORIGINAL code of the sample, copy all the header files that the compiler need to compile the program, it Build but when i link it doesn't work (16 errors of link)
And i'm stock there.
I can't figure out why it's not working cuz i've copy the original code, i haven't make any change
Maybe there is something that i have to change or include in the project or the workspace ?
Can someone help me ???

Ps: I'm working with Visual C++

Comments

• GiantGiant Posts: 225Member
    Are you sure that you added the path to the library files and header files to the compiler options. If so, did you move them to the top of the list. VC++ will look in the first path then the second and so on, and VC++ comes with DirectX 3 as stardard, so it may not work.

Did you also add ddraw.h in the library place. You may also need to add dxguid.lib

I too am new to direct X but when I made sure I had all these things done, it worked fine. I am not sure of the exact toolbars to use, but if you dont know I can find out.

Giant

: Ok, i've download the SDK for DirectX 8 using C++. I'm new to this so i said just turning to Fullscreen mode a write "Hi" on the screen would be ok for a project (to create games later you need to start with the basic). I look through the Directory of the SDK. There is a Sample of turning to Fullscreen Mode !!! I create a new c++ file, i copy and paste the ORIGINAL code of the sample, copy all the header files that the compiler need to compile the program, it Build but when i link it doesn't work (16 errors of link)
    : And i'm stock there.
    : I can't figure out why it's not working cuz i've copy the original code, i haven't make any change
    : Maybe there is something that i have to change or include in the project or the workspace ?
    : Can someone help me ???
    :
    : Ps: I'm working with Visual C++
    :

• WysGWysG Posts: 23Member
    Thanks it work fine now thank you