Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

3D human modeling

sweetgirlsweetgirl Member Posts: 29
Has anyone come across any websites that provides tutorials on 3D human modeling? or Does anyone have some sample codes on 3D human modeling? Can u please share...10x a lot!

-sweetgirl-

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : Has anyone come across any websites that provides tutorials on 3D human modeling? or Does anyone have some sample codes on 3D human modeling? Can u please share...10x a lot!
    :
    : -sweetgirl-
    :
    It's not hard. I recomend using triangles rather than quads or polys since accelerators draw them faster. Then just go from there. It would be a simple matter of making a default human model and telling the program what waist size, weight, height, etc the model is, and then simply transforming it using those figures based on what the user enters as their own. It shouldn't be TOO hard, but designing that first model could be. The only models I have, however, wouldn't work. Try picturing Dante from unreal trying to squeeze into a dress on this program, haha!

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

• sweetgirlsweetgirl Member Posts: 29
    Is it so that I create a set of elements needed for 3D human modeling using somekind of software, 3D Studio Max for example. Then, when I receive user inputs on their body measurement, I use hard codes to adjust the body elements. Does it work that way? I have really no idea about this...cause this is my 1st time working on 3D stuff...By the way, I'm using Visual C++ for this project. Any other materials that I can benefit from?..in order to learn what I need to create the 3D human model??

10x for anyone who can help...!
    -sweetgirl-

Urgent...
    Anyone know where I can get/download 3D clothing graphics that I would be using for my virtual fitting room project, which will be worn on a 3D human model...or...I have the only option of creating them myself...if so, which software do you recommend... and how to create clothes of course?...or...is there anyone who is willing to create 3D clothings for me??

10x....

-sweetgirl-

: Urgent...
    : Anyone know where I can get/download 3D clothing graphics that I would be using for my virtual fitting room project, which will be worn on a 3D human model...or...I have the only option of creating them myself...if so, which software do you recommend... and how to create clothes of course?...or...is there anyone who is willing to create 3D clothings for me??
    :
    : 10x....
    :
    :
    :
    :
    You'll probably have to create your own to properly wrap them on your model(s) from a standard size. I know of no sites that offer 2d flat bitmaps to wrap onto models. I have a few I could give you, but I dunno' how my werewolf skins and models from Quake II would look in your program... hehe.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

yea..10x for that... :-)

so, which software do you recommend for creating clothing?...or...is there anyone who is willing to create 3D clothings for me??

what are the techniques required to create the clothes?

-sweetgirl-

: yea..10x for that... :-)
    :
    : so, which software do you recommend for creating clothing?...or...is there anyone who is willing to create 3D clothings for me??
    :
    : what are the techniques required to create the clothes?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Well first I would set yoru polygon color to the racial color of the person that you are demoing your clothing to for realism's sake, and it would avoid you having to create different color textures for hands, feet, or faces which (in most cases) would not be clothed. Then I would make two images for each piece of clothing. The first would be a front view of the clothing (as though you were looking down on it). You would texture-map this to the model's front areas. Next I would do the opposite and make an image of the clothing from the back and map it to the back-side of the model's polygons. Ta-da! However, I SUCK at graphic design on a computer (that and I only have paint...), so I cannot help you there. Sorry.

10x for that explanation, it gives me some idea though...10x a lot. so, were u to mean that altough the clothing would be worn on a 3D model, but it can just be designed as a 2D image?... which means that I just need a front and a back view of the clothing?

so, what software would be best to create the clothings?

-sweetgirl-

• programmeurkeprogrammeurke Member Posts: 19
    maybe a C++ OpenGL-program isn't the best solution. Can't you explain your assignment? It'd make things easier and I bet there are better solutions for your problem. You can make loads of stuff with Perl, or even better, with Java.

[size=5]P[/size][size=4]ro[/size][size=3]g[/size][size=2]r[/size][size=1]amm[/size][size=2]e[/size][size=3]u[/size][size=4]rk[/size][size=5]e[/size]

I'd like to create a virtual fitting room program, in which user enters their body measurement, then the program generates a human model according to their input. Then, the user chooses the clothes provided and the program fits the clothings onto the model. there are some similar programs out there that are online, but i would really like to know what software and techniques they used to do that...anyone knows..both for online and offline application? pls share!

an eg. would be www.myvirtualmodel.com

10x a lot!

-sweetgirl-