About Printer and LPT - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

About Printer and LPT

I cannot get data from one PC(Printer task) use another PC.(25DB - 25Db )Two Questions:
1.How connect Lpt25DB to printer 36DB,Don't can I use PC to emulate a Printer!?
2.If I can do .How to connect the two 25DB Connectors ?
THK!

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    Hi!

: I cannot get data from one PC(Printer task) use another PC.(25DB - 25Db )Two Questions:

: 1.How connect Lpt25DB to printer 36DB,Don't can I use PC to emulate a Printer!?

So you want to plug one PC into another, and have it emulate a printer? Through the LPT (parallel) port?

I've never come across this. If that's what you want to do, I think you'd need to make up a hardware interface, or a software driver on both ends. The LPT port uses 8-bit communication, plus some control signals (out of paper, power off, etc). But there are not enough (as far as I know) input signals available to receive 8 bits at a time.

Can you use the serial ports instead? That would be very easy and, depending on the OS you are using, the application software won't even know that it's printing to a serial port. Both Windows and DOS have a way to transparently output to the serial port instead of the LPT port.

: 2.If I can do .How to connect the two 25DB Connectors ?

If you want to try LPT to LPT, I can't help. If you want to try serial port to serial port, re-post and I can help with that.

Seeya,

Melissa