Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Really basic!!

Hi, this is my first time on the message board so be patient!

I have just begun a degree in computer studies; unfortunately we are only getting half lectures in one subject and I am strugling to get going on it.

Basically I need to design a simple circuit using the basic logic gates to run 2 disco lights. There are 4 colours to use and they are to appear in an order of 8 flashes (for each light). I understand the boolean algebra but I can't seem to figure out how to draw up the circuit.

I know you must think this is really basic stuff but I'd be grateful is someone would take pity on this green beginner?

Comments

• DjSpiritDjSpirit Posts: 371Member
    : Hi, this is my first time on the message board so be patient!
    :
    : I have just begun a degree in computer studies; unfortunately we are only getting half lectures in one subject and I am strugling to get going on it.
    :
    : Basically I need to design a simple circuit using the basic logic gates to run 2 disco lights. There are 4 colours to use and they are to appear in an order of 8 flashes (for each light). I understand the boolean algebra but I can't seem to figure out how to draw up the circuit.
    :
    : I know you must think this is really basic stuff but I'd be grateful is someone would take pity on this green beginner?
    :

Do you want to share the algebra with us?

• RealMcDealzRealMcDealz Posts: 1Member
    If you understand the boolean algebra, why can't you draw the sequence? Regardless, throw an accumulator in the path from the light to the power source. The series of XOr gates should be connected via capacitors to a different level of resistance corresponding to the order of the color sequence. Each capacitor will build up and fire off the current to the light source until the maximum ampere quantity has been reached. To be fancy, you could make a pnp for each color, but who cares.