PostgreSQL or mySQL - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

PostgreSQL or mySQL

hey guys, i'm evaluating PostgreSQL and mySQL. Which would you recommend? I'd appreciate some comments. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• gigsvoogigsvoo Posts: 328Member
    mySQL i would say out of these 2, but still prefer MS SQL Server

: hey guys, i'm evaluating PostgreSQL and mySQL. Which would you recommend? I'd appreciate some comments. Thanks in advance!
    :

Neo Gigs
    http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo

• crvosscrvoss Posts: 49Member
    : hey guys, i'm evaluating PostgreSQL and mySQL. Which would you recommend? I'd appreciate some comments. Thanks in advance!
    :
    I'm fairly new to the Linux scene but am doing some programming and using Postgres as a data source. I have done the same kind of programming for Windows and have found Postgres to be an easy to use and powerful database. Unfortunately, I have never used mySQL so am not a good judge of its capabilities. Before I began the programming chore I read (and was told by a knowledgable source) that mySQL is easier to use but is designed around a flat file format where Postgres is a true relational database. My experience with Postgres has been good for what it's worth. Hope this helps.