Two List Windows - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Two List Windows

mpangrekarmpangrekar Posts: 9Member
Hello,

I am trying to do this:

At this site, http://www.eng.usf.edu/~mpangrek/interface5.html
I have one list window which has 3 commands and I would like to acheive this: when user clicks/double clicks on any one command in the right window that command should appear in the Left window.

How can I make this appear in the left window from the right window using Javascript?

Thank You !!!
Mayur

Comments

• ModalmanModalman Posts: 1Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I am trying to do this:
    :
    : At this site, http://www.eng.usf.edu/~mpangrek/interface5.html
    : I have one list window which has 3 commands and I would like to acheive this: when user clicks/double clicks on any one command in the right window that command should appear in the Left window.

Hi. I'll start you off. Its quite involved especially if you want it to work in Netscape as well as IE.

Within the Select tag insert the following:

This will call a function called optionchg(optionNo). In that function you can delete the value from the one list box and then create another in the other listbox. You may have to create a couple of vars to hold the no of options in each box. Also onClick might be better to use instead of onChange but I have never tried this. OnDblClick may be even better. Hope this gets you started anyway.

• mpangrekarmpangrekar Posts: 9Member
    Thank You !!
    That helped !!
    Mayur

: : Hello,
    : :
    : : I am trying to do this:
    : :
    : : At this site, http://www.eng.usf.edu/~mpangrek/interface5.html
    : : I have one list window which has 3 commands and I would like to acheive this: when user clicks/double clicks on any one command in the right window that command should appear in the Left window.
    :
    : Hi. I'll start you off. Its quite involved especially if you want it to work in Netscape as well as IE.
    :
    : Within the Select tag insert the following:
    :
    :
    :
    : This will call a function called optionchg(optionNo). In that function you can delete the value from the one list box and then create another in the other listbox. You may have to create a couple of vars to hold the no of options in each box. Also onClick might be better to use instead of onChange but I have never tried this. OnDblClick may be even better. Hope this gets you started anyway.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :