Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Access Data Projects in XP

Hi, lovely one here. I am developing an enterprise wide system using SQL server 2000 and Access XP for 200 concurrent users.

I am distributing an Access Data Project, which contains the front-ends. i need to base one of the front-end's on a SQL statement which is created dynamically. This i can do, but the data can not be updated on the form without this silly error "The data was added to the database but the data won't be displayed in the form because it doesn't satisfy the criteria in the underlying record source.". Well the SQL Statement is not changing nor is the criteria that the statment is based on.

To overcome this, i want to be able to create a temporary table on the client and use it as the record source for the form. But i can not find away to do this. If i forget about using an Access Data Project and refer to the old ODBC way of doing it using a file DSN, its not an issue.

Should i forget about using Access Data Projects to develop Applications and go back to using Access 97 with DAO as Access Data projects are not up to scatch as a scable developed platform.

Comments

• gigsvoogigsvoo Posts: 328Member
    If i m not wrong, what i see is the recordset u had created, is not updated after u had inserted the records into the database. What you actually need to do is to refresh the underlying recordset again from the main database. Or the best way to do is issuing a stored procesure for you insert, update or select records to the recordset, this will aviod problem with underlying recordset which does not teller with the actual data in the main database.

: Hi, lovely one here. I am developing an enterprise wide system using SQL server 2000 and Access XP for 200 concurrent users.
    :
    : I am distributing an Access Data Project, which contains the front-ends. i need to base one of the front-end's on a SQL statement which is created dynamically. This i can do, but the data can not be updated on the form without this silly error "The data was added to the database but the data won't be displayed in the form because it doesn't satisfy the criteria in the underlying record source.". Well the SQL Statement is not changing nor is the criteria that the statment is based on.
    :
    : To overcome this, i want to be able to create a temporary table on the client and use it as the record source for the form. But i can not find away to do this. If i forget about using an Access Data Project and refer to the old ODBC way of doing it using a file DSN, its not an issue.
    :
    : Should i forget about using Access Data Projects to develop Applications and go back to using Access 97 with DAO as Access Data projects are not up to scatch as a scable developed platform.
    :
    :
    :

Neo Gigs
    http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo