Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

WAP/WML/ASP-Windows 2000,microsoft access 2000

Hey dude,i got a question here
what is this adovbs.inc file?
how did it exist on my computer?
and why do i have to include it in my wap folder if i want it to work with my database..

I ask this question because i'm facing with a challenge with my database.First i got everything to be run with login.asp and my database access file.And then after i add some values into the field of one of the tables inside the database.I get http 500 error from my upsdk 4.1 wap emulator.

Dude,i compare my adovbs file to my friend's file,mine is 14.2 kb and his is 7.6 kb.i wonder why it is different.And normal computer who does not run any wap files doesn't have this adovbs.inc file..

We are running the same windows 2000 with iis server..hopefully anyone can give me some comment..
TQ.

Comments

• doughtymgdoughtymg Member Posts: 1
    [b][red]This message was edited by the doughtymg at 2002-7-1 0:44:47[/red][/b][hr]
    Adovbs.inc is nothing more than a header file that contains most ADO constants. If you don't want to use it, you'll have to explicitly use values or declare your own ADODB constants in your application. For example, insteady of saying "adOpenForwardOnly" or something, you'll have to either use the value that constant represents or declare the variable. Alternately, use the adovbs.inc file by using a simple include statement at the beginning of your asp page (or in global.asa if you are using one...). Hope this helps.

: Hey dude,i got a question here
    : what is this adovbs.inc file?
    : how did it exist on my computer?
    : and why do i have to include it in my wap folder if i want it to work with my database..
    :
    : I ask this question because i'm facing with a challenge with my database.First i got everything to be run with login.asp and my database access file.And then after i add some values into the field of one of the tables inside the database.I get http 500 error from my upsdk 4.1 wap emulator.
    :
    : Dude,i compare my adovbs file to my friend's file,mine is 14.2 kb and his is 7.6 kb.i wonder why it is different.And normal computer who does not run any wap files doesn't have this adovbs.inc file..
    :
    : We are running the same windows 2000 with iis server..hopefully anyone can give me some comment..
    : TQ.
    :
    :
    :