horizontal scrolling - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

horizontal scrolling

beardtrixbeardtrix Posts: 44Member
can anybody tell me how to make the screen scroll horizontally over a large background image?

if not, can someone send me some code they have or point me in the direction of a good tutorial please.

Comments

• protektorprotektor Posts: 116Member
    : can anybody tell me how to make the screen scroll horizontally over a large background image?
    :
    : if not, can someone send me some code they have or point me in the direction of a good tutorial please.
    :

Lets say you have a 640*200 image you wanna display on a 320*200 screen:

when you press the right arrow, increase a var I

[code]
    for counter=0 to 200 do begin
    offsIMG:=I+(counter*640);
    offsSCR:=counter*320;
    display 320pixels from offsIMG to offsSCR
    end;
    [/code]
    if you have different image dimension, change the appropriate values

• beardtrixbeardtrix Posts: 44Member
    What's the quikest way to draw a 640*200 image. the only way i know is to actually right out a 640*200 grid of 0's then change the 0's to the colour that i want, then print it to screen with an array and some assembley code.

• beardtrixbeardtrix Posts: 44Member
    you wouldn't have any source code for horizontal scrolling would you?

• protektorprotektor Posts: 116Member
    : you wouldn't have any source code for horizontal scrolling would you?
    :
    :

unfortunatly not. but the example i gave you is perfect. you can do it in assembly, that would be even better. but what exactly is your question? you want to know how to copy a source buffer to the screen?

if you want to do it with horizontal scrolling, you have to copy lines by lines. I could make an example if you want, send me the code you made to do this, and I will implement some documentation in it so you can complete your source code.

mail it to me