Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

cash register

karameld_litekarameld_lite Posts: 1Member
I need help writing a program for a store cash register. A customer buys a single tem, and pays for the item with a large bill. The program should prompt the cashier to enter the item price, and then the amount of the bill the customer paid. After entering the above two imputs, the program should display the return amount in exact change form. The bills and change shown should be 50, 20, 10, 5 and 1 dollar bills and quarters and dimes. Ignore nickels and pennies.

Comments

• protektorprotektor Posts: 116Member
    : I need help writing a program for a store cash register. A customer buys a single tem, and pays for the item with a large bill. The program should prompt the cashier to enter the item price, and then the amount of the bill the customer paid. After entering the above two imputs, the program should display the return amount in exact change form. The bills and change shown should be 50, 20, 10, 5 and 1 dollar bills and quarters and dimes. Ignore nickels and pennies.
    :

NB_20bills := cashreturn div 20
    cashreturn:=cashreturn - (nb_20bills*20)
    NB_10bills := cashreturn div 10
    cashreturn:=cashreturn - (nb_10bills*10)
    NB_5bills := cashreturn div 5
    cashreturn:=cashreturn - (nb_5bills*5)
    and so on

• protektorprotektor Posts: 116Member
    well, the algorithm is same for any language, but I assume you need to do this in basic?

in basic:
    NB_20bills = CCur(cashreturn / 20 )
    cashreturn=CCur(cashreturn - (nb_20bills*20) )
    NB_10bills = CCur(cashreturn / 10 )
    cashreturn=CCur(cashreturn - (nb_10bills*10) )
    NB_5bills = CCur(cashreturn / 5 )
    cashreturn=CCur(cashreturn - (nb_5bills*5))
    and so on

• BASIC FriendBASIC Friend Posts: 354Member
    : well, the algorithm is same for any language, but I assume you need to do this in basic?
    :
    : in basic:
    : NB_20bills = CCur(cashreturn / 20 )
    : cashreturn=CCur(cashreturn - (nb_20bills*20) )
    : NB_10bills = CCur(cashreturn / 10 )
    : cashreturn=CCur(cashreturn - (nb_10bills*10) )
    : NB_5bills = CCur(cashreturn / 5 )
    : cashreturn=CCur(cashreturn - (nb_5bills*5))
    : ......
    : and so on
    :
    :
    Actually I was asking because I have a simialar program I wrote some time ago. It's not in BASIC, but in C. I thought if he didn't care if it was in pascal or not, he may use it.

Nevermind now. All I've gotten from this board is nonsense. I've been messing around with pascal and I like it but this board has been absolutely useless to me.

Don't assume anything! You'll make an ass out of you and me.(ASS-U-ME)