Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Database Interaction of Flash with SQL through ASP

I have created a flash form and a Submit Button in flash. In the ASP Page I am using a DSN Connection. I want to know how to script the submit button so that When I click the submit button in flash the data entered in the form should be automatically added in SQL

regards
shankar

Comments

• zeeshanzeeshan Posts: 22Member
    : I have created a flash form and a Submit Button in flash. In the ASP Page I am using a DSN Connection. I want to know how to script the submit button so that When I click the submit button in flash the data entered in the form should be automatically added in SQL
    :
    : regards
    : shankar
    :
    :

: I have created a flash form and a Submit Button in flash. In the ASP Page I am using a DSN Connection. I want to know how to script the submit button so that When I click the submit button in flash the data entered in the form should be automatically added in SQL
    :
    : regards
    : shankar
    :
    :

First of all you have to assign a name for each "TEXT FIELD" in flash.

2) assign a "SCRIPT" on button like OnClick=ASPFileName.asp

(use either POST method or GET i'd suggest POST Method, also im using POST method to tell u about this.

3) in ASP page you can use "Sub Routines" to easy update two tables

<%
    Sub Table1
    set rsUpdate = rs.Execute("UPDATE TABLE1_NAME (text1, text2) VALUES('" & text1 & "', '" & text2 & "')

set rsUpdate = Nothing
    End Sub

Sub Table2
    set rsUpdate = rs.Execute("UPDATE TABLE2_NAME (text1, text2) VALUES('" & text1 & "', '" & text2 & "')

set rsUpdate = Nothing
    End Sub

'Make an connection
    set rs = server.createobject("adodb.connection")
    rs.open "dsn=dsn"

'Following are the variables will be used in out Both Sub Routines

text1 = request.form(" variable1 ")
    text2 = request.form(" variable2 ")

Call Table1

Call Table2

rs.Close
    Set rs = Nothing

%>

I hope so it will work ...otherwise let me know

[blue][b]Zeeshan Arshad[/b][/blue]
    [red]Web Developer[/red]