Database Interaction of Flash with SQL through ASP - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Database Interaction of Flash with SQL through ASP

I have created a flash form and a Submit Button in flash. In the ASP Page I am using a DSN Connection. I want to know how to script the submit button so that When I click the submit button in flash the data entered in the form should be automatically added in SQL

regards
shankar

Comments

• zeeshanzeeshan Posts: 22Member
    : I have created a flash form and a Submit Button in flash. In the ASP Page I am using a DSN Connection. I want to know how to script the submit button so that When I click the submit button in flash the data entered in the form should be automatically added in SQL
    :
    : regards
    : shankar
    :
    :

: I have created a flash form and a Submit Button in flash. In the ASP Page I am using a DSN Connection. I want to know how to script the submit button so that When I click the submit button in flash the data entered in the form should be automatically added in SQL
    :
    : regards
    : shankar
    :
    :

First of all you have to assign a name for each "TEXT FIELD" in flash.

2) assign a "SCRIPT" on button like OnClick=ASPFileName.asp

(use either POST method or GET i'd suggest POST Method, also im using POST method to tell u about this.

3) in ASP page you can use "Sub Routines" to easy update two tables

<%
    Sub Table1
    set rsUpdate = rs.Execute("UPDATE TABLE1_NAME (text1, text2) VALUES('" & text1 & "', '" & text2 & "')

set rsUpdate = Nothing
    End Sub

Sub Table2
    set rsUpdate = rs.Execute("UPDATE TABLE2_NAME (text1, text2) VALUES('" & text1 & "', '" & text2 & "')

set rsUpdate = Nothing
    End Sub

'Make an connection
    set rs = server.createobject("adodb.connection")
    rs.open "dsn=dsn"

'Following are the variables will be used in out Both Sub Routines

text1 = request.form(" variable1 ")
    text2 = request.form(" variable2 ")

Call Table1

Call Table2

rs.Close
    Set rs = Nothing

%>

I hope so it will work ...otherwise let me know

[blue][b]Zeeshan Arshad[/b][/blue]
    [red]Web Developer[/red]