Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

RJ 45 Lan phone line interface card in KDS Laptop

I purchase a KDS laptop with the phone interface card installed to access the internet. I now have need for a Lan card/Phone card, so I purchased onr from KDS. The internet cafe that I visit cannot get the card to work on their lan.The possible strange thing about the card is that the lan connection jack does not have spring up connectors as the phone jack has. I'm in Brasil and I having trouble finding a shop that is willing to look at it

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    :The possible strange thing about the card is that the lan connection jack does not have spring up connectors as the phone jack has.

Are the springs missing, or just stuck down?

That is strange...wish I could see it...

• smileyjasmileyja Posts: 2Member
    : :The possible strange thing about the card is that the lan connection jack does not have spring up connectors as the phone jack has.
    :
    : Are the springs missing, or just stuck down?
    :
    : That is strange...wish I could see it...
    :
    : Thanks. we reinstalled the board and checked the connections. It was tested and it now works. Evidently the LAN connection doesn't need the spring connections. The plastic clip holds it tight enough.
    My son figured it out
    Again thanks for your help