windows 95 emulation on win 2000 for old printer - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

windows 95 emulation on win 2000 for old printer

Trying to get my old fargo dye sub printer working, but there aren't any win 2000 drivers available does anyone know how to emulate win 95 for the printer application?

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : Trying to get my old fargo dye sub printer working, but there aren't any win 2000 drivers available does anyone know how to emulate win 95 for the printer application?
    :
    Hi!

I assume you already checked here for the drivers:
    http://www.fargo.com/tech_support/archive.asp

If the one you need is not listed, you might get in touch wuth Fargo. Often one of the newer printers is code-compatible with an older one, and you can use the newer driver.

If not, you may, however, be able to use a driver made for a different printer. For example, the Fargo you have may be code-compatible with an Epson. Again, the Fargo people could probably tell you this.

You wouldn't emulate Win95 for just a printer driver. The driver needs to be written to be compatible with the OS.

• tiger37tiger37 Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for the info, I did already check for drivers, etc, and also contacted fargo about the drivers, and they just don't offer any suggestions or solutions, I will probally end up setting up an old pentium as a print server, it's too bad that the manufacturer won't support their products, it is an awesome printer and blows away even todays ink jets...thanks again.

: : Trying to get my old fargo dye sub printer working, but there aren't any win 2000 drivers available does anyone know how to emulate win 95 for the printer application?
    : :
    : Hi!
    :
    : I assume you already checked here for the drivers:
    : http://www.fargo.com/tech_support/archive.asp
    :
    : If the one you need is not listed, you might get in touch wuth Fargo. Often one of the newer printers is code-compatible with an older one, and you can use the newer driver.
    :
    : If not, you may, however, be able to use a driver made for a different printer. For example, the Fargo you have may be code-compatible with an Epson. Again, the Fargo people could probably tell you this.
    :
    : You wouldn't emulate Win95 for just a printer driver. The driver needs to be written to be compatible with the OS.
    :
    :