Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Preloading Values from Database

I tried to load variables from database using asp. The problem is whenever I check whether all my values are preloaded it get stuck in a loop. Is there any way around so that I can be assured that my script will forward only when all my variables are loaded.

the script was something like this:

loadVariables ("index.asp", this,"post"); // this was written in the first frame of the movie

In the 15th frame I check

if(loading eq "done") {
gotoAndPlay(30)
}else{
gotoAndPlay(1)
}

In the 30 th frame I have text fields which displays the value retreived from the database. In normal circumsatnces when I don't give this condition this runs perfectly well and all my values are retrieved but as I put this condition this stops working and get stuck

In the database I have a field called loading which has the value set to Done at all time. I check if loading eq done then it should move further other wise it should goback and not move futher unless and untill i get all my values

Is there any other way around. Please provide me a possible to get out of this.

Comments

• KnightKnight Member Posts: 34
    Why dont you send all variables you need at one time. Or did I missunderstand the question.

response.write("list="&name_list)
    response.write("&id="&id_list)
    response.write("&connect="&connect)
    [code][blue][size=3])_([/size][/blue][size=2][black][b] Knight [/b][/black][/size][blue][size=3])_([/size][/blue][/code]