Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need Help on Z80

Hi,
I'm new to assambly programming,can someone help me on the below doubts?

I have a Games program run on Z80 CPU, I had extract this program to binary format. Can I translate this program to a readable souce code format such as (Visual Basic)?

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Member Posts: 549
    You can't make it into Visual Basic, but you can convert it to Z80 assembler using a dissassembler.

See the assembler file section for that. Also look at the game development -> Console files.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• JackyJacky Member Posts: 8
    Hi WEBMASTER,

Thanks for the reply. In fact what do I have is a arcade games (Amusement) source code which run on Z80 CPU. I would like to understand the logic part (Calculation) of this program. May I know where can I find all this related programing reference?

Appreciate if your counld help.

Thank.

Jacky

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Member Posts: 549
    Take a look at the arcade game emulator links/articles/files sections, they all deal with programming of games.

Your only choice is to use a dissasembler or debugger to learn the algorithms of the game. But its not a easy task, you need to get some documentation of the platform that the game run on. (Hardware registers...)

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• jeffpostjeffpost Member Posts: 316
    : Hi,
    : I'm new to assambly programming,can someone help me on the below doubts?
    :
    : I have a Games program run on Z80 CPU, I had extract this program to binary format. Can I translate this program to a readable souce code format such as (Visual Basic)?
    :
    :
    If you're still in need of help, my disassmbler set includes a Z80 disassembler. Email me and I'll attach the zip file (~210K) in the reply.