Can a scaner can be network? Help please...... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can a scaner can be network? Help please......

simsim Posts: 40Member
I wonder if my scanner can be put and even share it into the network.If you know about this please helpme..Thanks a lot

bayot

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : I wonder if my scanner can be put and even share it into the network.If you know about this please helpme..Thanks a lot
    :
    : bayot
    :
    Hi!

The quick answer is: Yes. I've been able to network some HP scanners, using their HP JetDirect print servers. However, it's a bit tricky, as the scanner and JetDirect need to be compatible.

Some HP scanners have a built-in "web server", so that you can connect to them via TCP/IP and scan that way. Those scanners appear to Internet Explorer as if they are "downloading" a file, which is the scanned file.

The scanners I'm speaking of are the "all-in-one" printer/scanner/FAX/copier devices.

I don't know of a way to directly network a stand-alone scanner such as a USB type or a parallel-port type that uses special software.

If that's the type of scanner you have, you could use "remote-control" software (such as PC-Anywhere or VNC) to remotely operate the computer with the scanner, then copy the file over the network.

I've also done some high-end network scanning, such as in a document storage-and-retrieval system. That's a different type of situation, but it is easily done.

I hope this answers your question.

Melissa