Can a scaner can be network? Help please...... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can a scaner can be network? Help please......

simsim Posts: 40Member
I wonder if my scanner can be put and even share it into the network.If you know about this please helpme..Thanks a lot

bayot

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : I wonder if my scanner can be put and even share it into the network.If you know about this please helpme..Thanks a lot
    :
    : bayot
    :
    Hi!

The quick answer is: Yes. I've been able to network some HP scanners, using their HP JetDirect print servers. However, it's a bit tricky, as the scanner and JetDirect need to be compatible.

Some HP scanners have a built-in "web server", so that you can connect to them via TCP/IP and scan that way. Those scanners appear to Internet Explorer as if they are "downloading" a file, which is the scanned file.

The scanners I'm speaking of are the "all-in-one" printer/scanner/FAX/copier devices.

I don't know of a way to directly network a stand-alone scanner such as a USB type or a parallel-port type that uses special software.

If that's the type of scanner you have, you could use "remote-control" software (such as PC-Anywhere or VNC) to remotely operate the computer with the scanner, then copy the file over the network.

I've also done some high-end network scanning, such as in a document storage-and-retrieval system. That's a different type of situation, but it is easily done.

I hope this answers your question.

Melissa