Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Delphi - Using sound to save data...

R.C.K.R.C.K. Posts: 1Member
Hmm...

I wonder if I can use a analogue sound recorder/player (tape recorder, minidisc, vhs and so on) to save data? Not directly, of course, but my idea is to read text files, and then use the sound card to generate tones or frequenzy changes, and then record these (encode). And then play the tones or freq. changes for the sound card (decode).

Encode: Txt-file -> ASCII-to-Hertz-application -> Sound card (Line Out) -> Recorder

Decode: Player -> Sound card (Line In) -> Hertz-to-ASCII-application -> Txt-file

I've been programming since 97, mostly in windows (using vb and then delphi... also c++), but I do not have so much knowledge about sound (mci?) in windows, or sound in general.

Can this work?
Is it possible?
Is it hard?

feeeeeeeeedback :)

thanks...
R.C.K.
rck@mail.bip.net