Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Message Deletion

You need to add code that decrements the message replies count for a post when a reply is deleted.

"No Bad Religion song can make your life complete."
-No Direction, Bad Religion

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    that's a good bug, thanks for finding it and I will fix that.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : that's a good bug, thanks for finding it and I will fix that.
    :
    :
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :
    :

A related item:

If you enter a reply, then delete it, you still get e-mail if there's any activity in that thread.

No big thing, but I noticed it.

Melissa

I am aware of that, but I don't see how I should be able to not send a email if someone posts a email and then deletes it. :-)

That bug is fixed now.

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : I am aware of that, but I don't see how I should be able to not send a email if someone posts a email and then deletes it. :-)

Hi!

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. If I post a reply to the messageboard, then [b]immediately[/b] delete it, then I will later get an e-mail notification of activity in the thread if there is a subsequent post to that thread.

This is obviously no big deal, I just wondered if that was the intent.

Melissa

I am aware of the problem. The notification emails is today processed by a separate process that process all new emails every 10 minutes and sends out the emails. I didn't thought about the deleted post problem, but I made some changes that should reduce the problem. I hope that helps.

But some notifications might get out if you make a post just before the notification process starts.