Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

desktop

minionminion Posts: 36Member
i want to switch out of my desktop env. (KDE) into a different one. How can i switch X from starting KDE to a different enviroment? Im running slackware.

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : i want to switch out of my desktop env. (KDE) into a different one. How can i switch X from starting KDE to a different enviroment? Im running slackware.
    :

Slackware used to provide xwmconfig for that. But it can be done easily by editing the .xinitrc file :-)

• minionminion Posts: 36Member
    : : i want to switch out of my desktop env. (KDE) into a different one. How can i switch X from starting KDE to a different enviroment? Im running slackware.
    : :
    :
    : Slackware used to provide xwmconfig for that. But it can be done easily by editing the .xinitrc file :-)
    :

ok thanx lots, it worked :)

• minionminion Posts: 36Member
    Well, i was able to start the env i wanted. I am trying out Blackbox enviroment. Well, i cant really figure out how to customize it. I cant even figure out how to change its background. If anyone has used blackbox, any hints on where to start?