desktop - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

desktop

minionminion Posts: 36Member
i want to switch out of my desktop env. (KDE) into a different one. How can i switch X from starting KDE to a different enviroment? Im running slackware.

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : i want to switch out of my desktop env. (KDE) into a different one. How can i switch X from starting KDE to a different enviroment? Im running slackware.
    :

Slackware used to provide xwmconfig for that. But it can be done easily by editing the .xinitrc file :-)

• minionminion Posts: 36Member
    : : i want to switch out of my desktop env. (KDE) into a different one. How can i switch X from starting KDE to a different enviroment? Im running slackware.
    : :
    :
    : Slackware used to provide xwmconfig for that. But it can be done easily by editing the .xinitrc file :-)
    :

ok thanx lots, it worked :)

• minionminion Posts: 36Member
    Well, i was able to start the env i wanted. I am trying out Blackbox enviroment. Well, i cant really figure out how to customize it. I cant even figure out how to change its background. If anyone has used blackbox, any hints on where to start?