PPP Dialer - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

PPP Dialer

XfactorXfactor Posts: 343Member
I'm using Red Hat 7.1. Everytime I use PPP dialer, I get asked for the root password. Does anyone know a way around this? It is really a nuisance to type my root password everytime I want to connect.

Thanks for your time!

X

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : I'm using Red Hat 7.1. Everytime I use PPP dialer, I get asked for the root password. Does anyone know a way around this? It is really a nuisance to type my root password everytime I want to connect.
    :
    : Thanks for your time!
    :
    : X
    :

I don't use redhat but I think there are two ways to do this.
    1) Make the program suid.
    2) use the sudoers option to allow it to do so. man sudoers should be good starting point probably.

• XfactorXfactor Posts: 343Member
    : : I'm using Red Hat 7.1. Everytime I use PPP dialer, I get asked for the root password. Does anyone know a way around this? It is really a nuisance to type my root password everytime I want to connect.
    : :
    : : Thanks for your time!
    : : X
    :
    : I don't use redhat but I think there are two ways to do this.
    : 1) Make the program suid.
    : 2) use the sudoers option to allow it to do so. man sudoers should be good starting point probably.
    :
    :
    :

Sorry it took me so long to reply but I just got around looking into your reply tonight. It looks like you pointed me in the right direction. I haven't tried anything yet but I'll let you know. Thank you very much.

X