Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

VS Version

rhysrhys Posts: 6Member
will there be a conflict if I install VS.net and VS 6 at the same timein one Hard disk in one OS? Will .NET overwrite VS6? thanks!!

Rhys

Comments

• chamsterchamster Posts: 662Member
    It depends on how you define "conflict". Personally i would never advise you to install both. Either you work with the one or with the other. However - i did a little research among my friends and it seems to be possible to install .NET FrameWork with no problem (not tested by me, thou).

There's one thing you may do to be "sure and secure". Go ahead and install the .NET beta and IF you experience problems using the old 6th version, you can simply uninstall/reinstall the Visual Studio. More harm then a little more installing work is not to be expected.

Oh, by the way - why would you like to use both? You have all the tools in the .NET already so why bother?

: will there be a conflict if I install VS.net and VS 6 at the same timein one Hard disk in one OS? Will .NET overwrite VS6? thanks!!
    :
    : Rhys
    :

Kind Regards
    Konrad
    ----------------------------
    (+46/0) 708-70 73 92
    konrad@voxway.com
    www.chamster.com

• rhysrhys Posts: 6Member
    Well, it's just a beta version. And we just want to try it out first before moving to it. And we still have programs on version 6 which I believe will not be editable in .NET

Thanks!!

: It depends on how you define "conflict". Personally i would never advise you to install both. Either you work with the one or with the other. However - i did a little research among my friends and it seems to be possible to install .NET FrameWork with no problem (not tested by me, thou).
    :
    : There's one thing you may do to be "sure and secure". Go ahead and install the .NET beta and IF you experience problems using the old 6th version, you can simply uninstall/reinstall the Visual Studio. More harm then a little more installing work is not to be expected.
    :
    : Oh, by the way - why would you like to use both? You have all the tools in the .NET already so why bother?
    :
    :
    : : will there be a conflict if I install VS.net and VS 6 at the same timein one Hard disk in one OS? Will .NET overwrite VS6? thanks!!
    : :
    : : Rhys
    : :
    :
    :
    : Kind Regards
    : Konrad
    : ----------------------------
    : (+46/0) 708-70 73 92
    : konrad@voxway.com
    : www.chamster.com
    :
    :

• chamsterchamster Posts: 662Member
    As i said - no problemo. In the worse case you just uninstall .NET FrameWork and reinstall VS 6. And that's not likely to happen.

Good luck.

Kind Regards
    Konrad
    ----------------------------
    (+46/0) 708-70 73 92
    konrad@voxway.com
    www.chamster.com

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    I have also intstalled VB6 and Visual Studio.NET beta two without any problems so far. Just make sure you install VB6 before .NET.....

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]