Linux vs Novell - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Linux vs Novell

Hi,

I have question. What is a better OS for a web-server and for security-network.

Novell Netware 5.1 with NDS 8.0 or
Linux Redhead 7.x

Alex Elderson

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have question. What is a better OS for a web-server and for security-network.
    :
    : Novell Netware 5.1 with NDS 8.0 or
    : Linux Redhead 7.x
    :
    : Alex Elderson
    :
    :

I haven't seen Novell but I have heard it has lesser exploits than Linux.

Most use Linux as their web server because of open source policy.
    BTW most linux have to configured later for security because that totally depends on your definition of security.

Well I am not in a position to answer your question as I have never had the oppurtunity to use Novel Netware but I have tried to point out some facts I have seen and some points that I have heard about the 2 OS's

• sehnendsehnend Posts: 13Member
    i have seen novell in use, it is a great server OS, very stable and doesn't care what you put on it.

• Alex_EldersonAlex_Elderson Posts: 104Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I have question. What is a better OS for a web-server and for security-network.
    : : Novell Netware 5.1 with NDS 8.0 or
    : : Linux Redhead 7.x
    : : Alex Elderson
    :
    : I haven't seen Novell but I have heard it has lesser exploits than Linux.
    :
    : Most use Linux as their web server because of open source policy.
    : BTW most linux have to configured later for security because that totally depends on your definition of security.
    :
    : Well I am not in a position to answer your question as I have never had the oppurtunity to use Novel Netware but I have tried to point out some facts I have seen and some points that I have heard about the 2 OS's
    :
    :
    :
    I don't no Linux but i do a lot think with novel 4.X and 5.X and i like it but mayby linux is better.