Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to write an e-mail-sending-programm in C?

hi

i would really say that i have a quite nice foundation

of how to programm "C". Currently I'm using Microsoft

Visual C. (quite good stuff from microsoft,or?).

But my latest question is how to write an e-mail-sending programm. What are POP3-servers and the other

stuff? Do you know how to programm it, using either

the MFC or the WIN32-API?

THANK you

CHRISTIAN LINNEMANN

GERMANY

Comments

• I suggest you learn about how the pop3 server works before trying to code a client.

I would recommend downloading the RFC, and reading it(them) to get a bit of a background. mess about with it, even download qpopper (an open source pop3 server for Unix..)

check out www.freshmeat.net for pop3 clients and servers. a warning to you, a client is not an easy task.