Hi, boys what about a vb6 compiler??? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hi, boys what about a vb6 compiler???

Alex_EldersonAlex_Elderson Posts: 104Member
hi,

I have a littel problem. I want a VB6 comiler. so that i can make a vb program (*.frm, *.obj, *.mak, etc.) an run from the source code (no exe)

Comments

• ColdShineColdShine Posts: 597Member
    You mean you want to revert back to the old interpreted BASICs?

• Alex_EldersonAlex_Elderson Posts: 104Member
    : You mean you want to revert back to the old interpreted BASICs?
    : _____________________________
    : [size=1][b][grey]Cold[/grey][blue]Shine[/blue][/b]
    : http://www16.brinkster.com/rafonline[/size]
    :
    :
    i mean that i want a compiler in a singel file and that i can run that file and that it creat a vb program of a vb project

• ColdShineColdShine Posts: 597Member
    Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post. As far as I know, there is only one VB compiler. You probably know its name...

• kallenkallen Posts: 22Member
    : hi,
    :
    : I have a littel problem. I want a VB6 comiler. so that i can make a vb program (*.frm, *.obj, *.mak, etc.) an run from the source code (no exe)
    :

Why always address to the "boys"? Females read these to ya know- I see a Melissa all over this board. I bet she is not the only one in addition to me.

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member

: Why always address to the "boys"? Females read these to ya know- I see a Melissa all over this board. I bet she is not the only one in addition to me.
    :

You go, girl!

• kallenkallen Posts: 22Member
    :
    : : Why always address to the "boys"? Females read these to ya know- I see a Melissa all over this board. I bet she is not the only one in addition to me.
    : :
    :
    : You go, girl!
    :
    :
    : Its just funny- sad also that we are a minority.

I have read lots of the threads- I hope they would ask you to be backup moderator if KDL was unavailable. Your very smart and helpful.

No need to reply as this is to off topic already. :)

i am looking for compiler or script program that runs scripts or vb/c++ programs.

can help anybody me?????????

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : i am looking for compiler or script program that runs scripts or vb/c++ programs.
    :
    : can help anybody me?????????
    :
    OK, so after all that, it's still not clear to me what you need.

There is a compiler for VB, it's called VB! And there is a compiler for C++. It's called Visual C++.

And there is a product that has both. It's called Visual Studio.

Are we missing something? Can you be more specific if we are?

Thanks,

Melissa

: : i am looking for compiler or script program that runs scripts or vb/c++ programs.
    : : can help anybody me?????????
    : OK, so after all that, it's still not clear to me what you need.
    :
    : There is a compiler for VB, it's called VB! And there is a compiler for C++. It's called Visual C++.
    :
    : And there is a product that has both. It's called Visual Studio.
    :
    : Are we missing something? Can you be more specific if we are?
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : Melissa
    :
    oky,

I want to make a program that compile C++ or vb source files and run after that. but a can't use the compiler of vb. the compiler is in vb6.exe and i don't want to copy hole vb with my program...

is this clear to you???

• jrossmanjrossman Posts: 45Member
    oky,
    :
    : I want to make a program that compile C++ or vb source files and run after that. but a can't use the compiler of vb. the compiler is in vb6.exe and i don't want to copy hole vb with my program...
    :
    : is this clear to you???
    :
    :

No, you are not very clear.....
    If you are looking to distribute an .exe file only..... Not any of the support file that are required by MS. Go Here
    http://www.bit-arts.com/downloads.html
    They have product called fusion that will wrap your .exe, most runtime files and support file into 1 (One) .exe file.

If you understand anything about computers you should know that you need an .exe to run a program in most cases. Files like .frm .bas etc... need an "application" to open them. Why don't you try run a .doc file or .ppt file or .xls file on a computer that does not have MS Office installed. Beside a crappy notepad output you would have better luck pissing up a rope.

Hope this solves your issue
    It's ashame that this got soooooo much attention when others go unanswered.

We're not idiots out here.