Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Hi, boys what about a vb6 compiler???

Alex_EldersonAlex_Elderson Posts: 104Member
hi,

I have a littel problem. I want a VB6 comiler. so that i can make a vb program (*.frm, *.obj, *.mak, etc.) an run from the source code (no exe)

Comments

• ColdShineColdShine Posts: 597Member
    You mean you want to revert back to the old interpreted BASICs?

• Alex_EldersonAlex_Elderson Posts: 104Member
    : You mean you want to revert back to the old interpreted BASICs?
    : _____________________________
    : [size=1][b][grey]Cold[/grey][blue]Shine[/blue][/b]
    : http://www16.brinkster.com/rafonline[/size]
    :
    :
    i mean that i want a compiler in a singel file and that i can run that file and that it creat a vb program of a vb project

• ColdShineColdShine Posts: 597Member
    Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post. As far as I know, there is only one VB compiler. You probably know its name...

• kallenkallen Posts: 22Member
    : hi,
    :
    : I have a littel problem. I want a VB6 comiler. so that i can make a vb program (*.frm, *.obj, *.mak, etc.) an run from the source code (no exe)
    :

Why always address to the "boys"? Females read these to ya know- I see a Melissa all over this board. I bet she is not the only one in addition to me.

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member

: Why always address to the "boys"? Females read these to ya know- I see a Melissa all over this board. I bet she is not the only one in addition to me.
    :

You go, girl!

• kallenkallen Posts: 22Member
    :
    : : Why always address to the "boys"? Females read these to ya know- I see a Melissa all over this board. I bet she is not the only one in addition to me.
    : :
    :
    : You go, girl!
    :
    :
    : Its just funny- sad also that we are a minority.

I have read lots of the threads- I hope they would ask you to be backup moderator if KDL was unavailable. Your very smart and helpful.

No need to reply as this is to off topic already. :)

i am looking for compiler or script program that runs scripts or vb/c++ programs.

can help anybody me?????????

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : i am looking for compiler or script program that runs scripts or vb/c++ programs.
    :
    : can help anybody me?????????
    :
    OK, so after all that, it's still not clear to me what you need.

There is a compiler for VB, it's called VB! And there is a compiler for C++. It's called Visual C++.

And there is a product that has both. It's called Visual Studio.

Are we missing something? Can you be more specific if we are?

Thanks,

Melissa

: : i am looking for compiler or script program that runs scripts or vb/c++ programs.
    : : can help anybody me?????????
    : OK, so after all that, it's still not clear to me what you need.
    :
    : There is a compiler for VB, it's called VB! And there is a compiler for C++. It's called Visual C++.
    :
    : And there is a product that has both. It's called Visual Studio.
    :
    : Are we missing something? Can you be more specific if we are?
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : Melissa
    :
    oky,

I want to make a program that compile C++ or vb source files and run after that. but a can't use the compiler of vb. the compiler is in vb6.exe and i don't want to copy hole vb with my program...

is this clear to you???

• jrossmanjrossman Posts: 45Member
    oky,
    :
    : I want to make a program that compile C++ or vb source files and run after that. but a can't use the compiler of vb. the compiler is in vb6.exe and i don't want to copy hole vb with my program...
    :
    : is this clear to you???
    :
    :

No, you are not very clear.....
    If you are looking to distribute an .exe file only..... Not any of the support file that are required by MS. Go Here
    http://www.bit-arts.com/downloads.html
    They have product called fusion that will wrap your .exe, most runtime files and support file into 1 (One) .exe file.

If you understand anything about computers you should know that you need an .exe to run a program in most cases. Files like .frm .bas etc... need an "application" to open them. Why don't you try run a .doc file or .ppt file or .xls file on a computer that does not have MS Office installed. Beside a crappy notepad output you would have better luck pissing up a rope.

Hope this solves your issue
    It's ashame that this got soooooo much attention when others go unanswered.

We're not idiots out here.