drake 8.0 install - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

drake 8.0 install

hi,

currently i am downloading mandrake linux 8.0 from ftp.grolier.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake/iso/Mandrake80-inst.iso and plan to install it. But, i currently have redhat 7.0 on a 3gb partition and windows on a 16gb one. Would there be any problems with just telling mandrake to install to redhats partition and using redhats existing swap partition?

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : hi,
    :
    : currently i am downloading mandrake linux 8.0 from ftp.grolier.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake/iso/Mandrake80-inst.iso and plan to install it. But, i currently have redhat 7.0 on a 3gb partition and windows on a 16gb one. Would there be any problems with just telling mandrake to install to redhats partition and using redhats existing swap partition?
    :
    :

No you should not have any problems.

• garwaingarwain Posts: 297Member
    I've never tried that but the only possible problem that I see is that RedHat will probably be completely over-written if you use all the same partitions.
    If you want to overwrite RedHat then you are set, otherwise, I'd look into only working with the redhat partition for /home, /usr, /var.

• yes!! its running...the only problem i had was that when it came time to configure X the test graphic would appear but then nothing else. But strangely enough i rebooted when it happened, tried booting linux and it was all fine despite the fact that the installer didnt finish...weird