drake 8.0 install - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

drake 8.0 install

hi,

currently i am downloading mandrake linux 8.0 from ftp.grolier.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake/iso/Mandrake80-inst.iso and plan to install it. But, i currently have redhat 7.0 on a 3gb partition and windows on a 16gb one. Would there be any problems with just telling mandrake to install to redhats partition and using redhats existing swap partition?

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : hi,
    :
    : currently i am downloading mandrake linux 8.0 from ftp.grolier.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake/iso/Mandrake80-inst.iso and plan to install it. But, i currently have redhat 7.0 on a 3gb partition and windows on a 16gb one. Would there be any problems with just telling mandrake to install to redhats partition and using redhats existing swap partition?
    :
    :

No you should not have any problems.

• garwaingarwain Posts: 297Member
    I've never tried that but the only possible problem that I see is that RedHat will probably be completely over-written if you use all the same partitions.
    If you want to overwrite RedHat then you are set, otherwise, I'd look into only working with the redhat partition for /home, /usr, /var.

• yes!! its running...the only problem i had was that when it came time to configure X the test graphic would appear but then nothing else. But strangely enough i rebooted when it happened, tried booting linux and it was all fine despite the fact that the installer didnt finish...weird