Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

help to username

hi
can anyone give me a idea how to get a username from windows system using vbscript or javascript and then updating it in a text box on a html page!! please this is urgent and help me !!

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    Hi,

I don't believe that this is actually possible, mainly for privacy reasons. And if it is, then chances are the user would have to authorize it. JAVA may be able to access it or something - or maybe JScript or VBScript can, but that seems less likely to me.

Sorry if this ain't what you were looking for!

Take care,

Jonathan

------------------------------------------
    Count downloads from your site for free!
    http://www.downloadcounter.com/

• digit5000digit5000 Posts: 2Member
    : hi
    : can anyone give me a idea how to get a username from windows system using vbscript or javascript and then updating it in a text box on a html page!! please this is urgent and help me !!
    :
    Are you on the same network as the other machines? Is this an Internet or Intranet site?