Windows resource editing (using .rc and .h method) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Windows resource editing (using .rc and .h method)

Hello,

Greetings. I am using Metrowerks Codewarrior 2 Learning Edition for Windows, which regrettibly does not come with a visual resource editor. I decided to finally try some Win32 GUI programming, and have discovered that hand coding resources is quite a time consuming and tedious task. In fact, I have yet to give any thought to the actual workings of my program beyond it's UI because it doesn't make any sense to me to try and write a program without knowing what the user interface would look like. Aside from weditres, are there any graphical resource editors for windows out there? I wanted to pick this up as a hobby, and don't want to shell out a few hundred dollars for Visual C++. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appricated.

Thank you,
TK