mouse

ok, i got a presario 700 mhz, nvidia tnt 2. I have installed free bsd, slackware, caldera, and probably others i forgot to mention. I kept trying new distros because one every single one my mouse wont work when i startx. I have gone through xf86config each time and tried each mouse type and it still hasnt worked. I switched out the mouse with another and it still didnt work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• what brand of mouse? (logitec, MS, etc) and how does it connect? (serial, PS2, USB)

: ok, i got a presario 700 mhz, nvidia tnt 2. I have installed free bsd, slackware, caldera, and probably others i forgot to mention. I kept trying new distros because one every single one my mouse wont work when i startx. I have gone through xf86config each time and tried each mouse type and it still hasnt worked. I switched out the mouse with another and it still didnt work. Any help would be much appreciated.
    :

• the mouse says compaq on top of it. ps2.

• : the mouse says compaq on top of it. ps2.
    :

Hi,

I have had no problems with nvidia cards at all. Secondly use /dev/psaux for ps2 mouse, if that doesn't work, use /dev/gpmdata

Old X make use of XF86Setup, not sure of Xfree 4.

• Ok thanx ill try that out.

• neither worked, and the second one wouldnt let me startx.