Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Bendy Sky Effect? And Free Direction Tunnel?

Hi everybody! The effect I am really curious about is the one that you get in PSone Colin McRae Rally and er, this other, puzzle game I can't really remember where you are a ball rolling along a- never mind. Anyway, the effect is with the sky in the backround which is kind of warped and also wraps around nicely. It looks just like the real sky! I mean it is bent. I'm sorry I can't describe it it technical terms, I'm just a beginner but this is an effect I would like to emulate. Examples in C, Assembler and Basic much appreciated. Or just a description of the algorithm.

Also, if you're not too busy laughing at me for my stupidity could anyone tell me what this means in real *lay* terms, I know it supposed to be easy to understand but I have an A-Level in Maths and I have no clue what it means

"Well, basically the algorithm consists of shooting a ray through each pixel of the screen and check for intersections of this ray with objects in the scene. Let's start with the equation of a ray. A ray is defined as
Origin + t*Direction
where Origin is the vector of the camera, and Direction a normalized direction vector. t is a float that indicates a position on the ray. "

Wha? Could you do a drawing? Vector of the camera as in the direction it faces? As in the position? Is it a number or a matrix? Huh? What? Could anyone give me a SIMPLE SIMPLE explanation?
Thank you in advance.