OK, who wants to show off their JavaScript knowledge? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

OK, who wants to show off their JavaScript knowledge?

I have a large .jpg which I don't want anyone to see until they have downloaded the entire image. Is there any way to prevent a partial image from being displayed?

Thanx.

Bubonic.

Comments

• : I have a large .jpg which I don't want anyone to see until they have downloaded the entire image. Is there any way to prevent a partial image from being displayed?

: Thanx.

: Bubonic.

Hi there,

In order so that an image will gradually display, as it is downloaded, depends on the graphic program used to create the image. When interlaced gifs are used on Web pages, they are gradually displayed, as portions the image is downloaded. You can create an interlaced gif with a graphics progam that supports creating interlaced gifs. If the image was not created as an interlaced gif, then the image will not be displayed until the image is fully downloaded.

There is no JavaScript involved when waiting until the full image is downloaded, before displaying the image.

I hope that this information helps. I wish you the best of luck in all of your programming ventures!

Sincerely,

Keenan

Keenan Stewart ([email protected])

Learning Advisor, http://scholars.com

Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center

Novell Authorized Online Training Provider

URL:http://scholars.com

• : I have a large .jpg which I don't want anyone to see until they have downloaded the entire image. Is there any way to prevent a partial image from being displayed?

: Thanx.

: Bubonic.

What I would do is create a variable in Javascript which preloads the image(s) when the page is loaded, I would then write a function which would display the image in the required place. E-mail me if you are interested in this method