Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

ATI Radeon 64MB drivers for Linux

s_ks_k Member Posts: 57
Where can I get them ? And, when I'll get them, what should I do next ? Can I only extract them from archive...(into what directory)? Or what ?

Comments

• garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
    I would start by searching at linux.org and the website for your distribution for the drivers.

After downloading the drivers, there should be a readme file in the archive with the instructions, but generally if the file is a rpm all you should have to do is rpm -i and the files will be extracted to where they should be. If the file is a tar.gz file then
    gunzip
    tar -xvf
    cd
    then read the readme. probably you will have to compile the drivers from there.

Oh, there might be drivers already built in to your distribution. try just going into the setup utility (as root from the command prompt) and choosing the Xwindows setup, then run the autoprobe or browse through the lists.

: Where can I get them ? And, when I'll get them, what should I do next ? Can I only extract them from archive...(into what directory)? Or what ?
    :